Monday, September 19, 2011

Karaoke

So one of my biggest plans this year was to go to some local bars. Then I figured that since I enjoy karaoke I would test myself to see if I could hold my own in another state, when I had no friends around. I'm confident, so I started to look into places in town.

I came across this place first. Their website has some conflicting information; in some places it says Wednesday and others it says Thursday. I called numerous times today to get a clarification - no one answered! So I emailed, no response. I finally did get through and they said Wednesday.

Part of the deal on this was that since I was thinking about renting a bike, I thought maybe I would ride their and get a hotel. But its 20 miles which is a bit far. I could handle that, but it is also 8 more miles from the bike shop. 30 miles in a day is pushing it, I might be a bit beat down. Combined with the bad service I was receiving (the girl was a bit terse on the phone as well) I decided to look elsewhere.

I was starting to wonder about renting a bike at all, if I wanted to bother. Then I found a place so perfect I don't know how it didn't come up weeks ago in my initial searches. They have karaoke EVERY NIGHT which is unreal and it's only 4 miles away, link 42 will take me right there! My plan is to go once before the weekend then again on Friday and/or Saturday and if I close the bar on one of those nights I can take a cab for cheap since its so close. The DJ has her own website (excellent) and a periphery check of her list (over 12,000 songs!!!) has all my standards. I'm going to kill it up there! Lets see how many friends I can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment