Wednesday, September 21, 2011

having trouble getting drunk

so i took a shower after my long day, edited the video below over a few beers and threw on the 'death with III' dvd. started feeling sleepy and knew that if i did not go downstairs and get some hard liquor in me id fall asleep.

went down to familliar bartender manny (i started calling him manolo in reference to scarface on monday i was so drunk) and got to work on a double jameson.

rewinding - as i walked out my door there was a lady and a man standing in the hallway and one commented 'so they serve heiniken here?' as i was drinking one as i walked downstairs. this is a multi year ritual as i carry a beer downstairs with me on the way to the bar/pool/hot tub. ill guzzle as i walk downstairs and discard it in a garbage can on the way. i joked in response to the strangers in the hallway 'they do....in here', referencing my front door. the lady commented 'they serve jack in here, but that will be gone before long'. looking back i should have introduced myself but i was caught off guard so i just carried on.

i got down to the bar as previous mentioned and the fella that i saw with the glass of jack in the hallway ended up sitting down next to me. i could tell from his accent that he was not only from new york but from long island...i was correct. he was drinking double jack and cokes, similar (outrageous) cost as my own cocktail. we carried on about life in general and when my drink was drained i asked for a sam adams as $9.75/drink is a bit steep for my budget. rob (the new yorkers name) insisted on buying me another one and of course i graciously accepted.

i ordered some wings a short time later and offered me some. he disclosed that he was 'in construction', i met his wife gloria (an attractive asian) and his daughter bella on their way back from the game room (where they have apparently been fleeing rob for money everyday, addicted to the machines that spew tickets which may be bartered for rubbish).

i bought his final drink and we carried on well past close. manolo is going on a 10 day vacation so we bid our farewells until next year. he did tell me that matt - a long time favorite bartender ive been missing this year - is indeed still employed and works thurs-sat so ill be seeing him after all. i write up matt on the comment card every year for his awesome skills and service and promised manolo a similar treatment. good guys all around

No comments:

Post a Comment