Sunday, September 18, 2011

Awaken

9:31pm, half hour until Breaking Bad starts. Upon my arrival and inventory of soaked luggage I found all survived the ordeal (but did I? still not sure). I changed clothes and immediately went back out (it had stopped raining, of course) and went back to CVS. Until I can get a bike over here to make a proper run to Publix for a proper amount and quality of food rubbish would have to suffice.

All I really wanted was a frozen pizza, of course they had an awesome sale - which I had just missed. They were selling two DiGiorno's for under $5! Cooler was barren. Settled for a 2-pack of Red Baron personals which weren't bad. Also grabbed a Banquet TV dinner and a 12 pack of Heiniken for only 12.99, universally as low of a price as you will find anywhere, anytime. Shocking considering the location of this store serves only the nearby time shares and its tourists, the choice not to fleece them is bold and welcome.

It was probably a 1.5 round trip journey, I don't know how I made it back after everything else today. I drank 2 Heinikens and ate the pizzas and went to sleep. I'm going to properly unpack now and clean up, I've been tossing shit about at will since I got here and its time to organize and prepare for my show.

Worth of note: when I checked in I was a sight. I walked up to the guard shack soaked while it was still raining. That drew an interesting look from the guard, I just said 'Williams, reservation'. Usually they check a clipboard or something to verify that, this guy just paused and pointed towards the welcome center and I said I knew where it was.

Inside I got typical excellent service save for one interesting moment. Again, I look like an alley cat, totally soaked with water running down my face. The check in process went underway and she asked 'how many room keys?'. 'One'. Later: 'how many vehicles?', 'None'. A quizzical smile and we continued. Finally 'how many children?' -- 'None'. At this point she smiled and said 'you must be here on business?' and I replied with a smile of my own, 'why would you assume that?'. I did not press the issue.

Got villa 1461, fulfilling my annual request of building 14, high floor (top floor in this case). Building 14 overlooks the pool, the only other building I've ever been in is #15 which is actually attached but does not face the pool.

I did a 5 hour nap on the couch, easily. The flavor lurking inside my mouthhole is unpleasant to say the least. Time to clean up around here, myself included.

No comments:

Post a Comment