Monday, September 19, 2011

A Taste of Home?


Link 42 is ultra convienent: pick up and drop off are 100' from origin/destination. Got lots of grub but who could resist this? It is not possible to travel far from Chicago without having something 'Chicago-Style' offered to you. It is actually quite good however. Super chewy and lightly dry crust and pillowy soft interior.

Big name grocery stores often are measured by a standard of off-cuts of meat, for me. If you are lucky you can find a smoked turkey neck of wing. Slightly more fortunate: a neck, maybe a ham hock. And what did I find?


Local (Tampa) smoked pork necks? Encore! I also grabbed some smoked sausage (not kielbasa!) from Atlanta. Going to make black/red beans and rice tomorrow and I'll have plenty of eat for the rest of the week.

Right now going to make some simple pasta (jar sauce) then commence to drink. Have to get up early for the sales presentation (and my $100 'paycheck') which I will use to launch me into my day early - back on the bus by 9am. To where, not yet sure. They had a good beer selection and an outrageous wine selection but not a single bottle of real liquor. I require Jameson or at least some scotch soon but I assume state law prevented them from carrying it. However, plan B makes more sense: with the cornucopia of food and the few restaurants I want to hit up (Mellow Mushroom, Middle Eastern Deli and Tu Casa) I probably won't eat much if at all here in the resort. I'll have to waste the $100 I have from last year on $5/shot whiskey. Going to have a few beers after dinner then go down to the hot tub and bar to patrol for foolish women and damage my liver and brain.

1 comment: